recursive mutexes in appl_head winbindd_cm.c?

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Jan 14 06:44:01 GMT 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 01:11:14AM +0000, jra at dp.samba.org wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:31:48PM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> > Here's my idea for fixing this in appliance-head, without reworking
> > the mutex reference count.
>
> Thanks for that - I've just checked in something close to this. Take
> a look and let me know...

I think I've figured out what the problem is.  There can be only one
outstanding challenge per IP address so the mutex needs to be around the
ServerReqChallenge and ServerAuthenticate2 calls.

A short test program confirms this.  If I open two cli handles to the
same domain controller and perform two ServerReqChallenge calls then
two ServerAuthenticate2 calls, both authentications fail with access
denied.  Performing the authentications immediately after the challenge
requests works correctly.

Thanks to Andrew Bartlett for pointing out the obvious.  (-:

Tim.