Fwd: Samba & Referrals

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Fri Jan 10 09:14:02 GMT 2003

 >> 2.2.* doesn't support referrals at all :-(
 >It is on a production server, so it is 2.2.7a.

 >> but in the 3.0alpha21 and in HEAD/CVS it should work :-)

	Don't just give up on 2.2, I am try and testing the patch

 > http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html#patches it

	But if you are using a new OpenLDAP, I think 2.0.20 and above, please
don't quote me on that number.  Will need to remove the ", Null" from
the ldap_set_rebind_proc, because they don't have a thrid parameter.

	I am about to test whether this works, which I believe one other person
on the Samab List said he had good results.

	The only thing, if this works, which I need to try and figure out,
which Herb Lewis has sent me a patch which I have not looked at yet, is
get the autoconf stuff working, so that this can become standard in 2.2
... I think it would be good if we put something in the docs at the
moment about Samba 2.2 & Referrals not working ... at least for the moment.

Mailed
Lee