samba pam_ldap password syncing pam

bryan hunt bryan.hunt at ossidian.com
Thu Jan 9 11:00:01 GMT 2003

Forgive the subject line, I wanted it to turn up if someone
was googling.

I have found that the following combination works well for
password syncing using pam when the system is configured to
use ldap for user authentication ( pam_ldap ).

I hope this is of use to someone.

/etc/pam.d/samba

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so
use_first_pass
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password   sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
try_first_pass

Kind Regards

Bryan

--