More Kerberos-related questions

Kenneth Stephen y2kmvs at ebiz.austin.ibm.com
Wed Jan 8 21:42:01 GMT 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Luke Howard wrote:

> >	My ultimate goal is to get access to a DFS (an IBM DCE
> >application) filesystem on a Linux machine. I am dreaming of the following
> >solution : (1) Samba server which understands Kerberos credentials and
> >which serves up the DFS filesystem as a share(2) a Linux mount of the
> >smbfs share and with the Linux server set up to understand Kerberos
> >credentials. The question here would be if the smbfs client side would
> >understand the kerberos credentials of the user?
>
> I think you could do this using delegation.

Luke,

	I'm afraid you'll have to explain it a bit more. Searching the web
for "samba" or "smbfs" in conjunction with "delegation" doesnt turn up
anything but false positives. I assume you mean that I somehow have to get
the authentication piece on the Linux client side for smbfs delegated to
something else (the Samba server side? Isnt that the way things normally
happen?).

Thanks,
Kenneth