Update on Samba fcntl problem with Solaris?

Jeff Mandel jeff.mandel at probes.com
Wed Jan 8 16:28:03 GMT 2003

I have been trying to get the bug fix from Sun, and based on the trusses
I have sent, they believe that the problem I'm having is not the same as
that reported in the bug 4700402. They are working on those trusses now.

 From my experience with this problem and the way I've seen others
describe it on the list, I believe I have the same cpu hog/locking
problem mentioned in the bug. This has continued through 2.2.7a. A
kernel update was released, but did not yet include the fix for 4700402.

Jeff