Update on Samba fcntl problem with Solaris?

Haley, Kevin (K.A.) khaley at ford.com
Tue Jan 7 17:04:17 GMT 2003

Hello,

I've read the discussion in the list archives regarding the
Solaris fnctl problem which appears to be related to the
lingering problem our site is having since recent migration to
2.2.6 for our print server (Solaris 8, smbd processes hanging
around with high CPU utilization and truss'ed results showing
lots of fcntl operations).

Is this bug being entirely handled by Sun?  Or will there be
a samba update as part of the pending fix?

If anyone has updated information that would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks, all!

--
Kevin Haley                            CDS: KHALEY
Ford Research Computer Systems