samba clearcase_albd user

Darren Moore darren.moore at oracle.com
Mon Jan 6 18:07:59 GMT 2003

Hi All

I currently have a samba PDC configure on a Solaris 8 server with an
smb.conf file as shown below.
I am currently replacing a NT PDC with this server. All works fine with
the Samba PDC except for validation of the
clearcase_albd user who is a member a clearcase group called VOBport.
The clearcase_albd user has a unix and a samba account and
currently resides in the VOBport , Administrators and clearcase group.

I am currently running

$ ./smbd -V
Version 2.2.7

Production on Solaris 8.

The clearcase clients are W2K Clearcase 4.2

As rational do not support this, has any one been successful with
clearcase w2k client installs within using
a clearcase_albd  SAMBA domain user.

Thanks all.

[global]
        ;Basic server settings
        workgroup = SAMBA-TEST
        netbios name = test
        ;Domain and local master browser
        os level = 64
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        local master = yes
        ;Security
        security = user
        ;Encrypted passwords
        encrypt passwords = yes
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        ;Support domain logons
        domain logons = yes
        ;Specify generic logon scripts
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon drive = I:
        ;sync passwords this will sync the smbpasswd file with /etc/passwd
        ;unix password sync = yes
        ;NIS
        nis homedir = yes
        homedir map = auto.home
        ;login
        log file = /usr/local/samba/logs/log.%m
        max log size = 300
        log level = 3
        ;Misc
        debug timestamp = yes
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        follow symlinks = yes
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
        domain admin group = @VOBport
[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
        writeable = no