smbclient -M sends NetBIOS session service header to port 445

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jan 6 17:57:31 GMT 2003

Steve,

That would be great.  Please also look at the -L option too, as that
should default to 139 as well.  (Sort of... it's not necessary for listing
shares.)

The -p option should override the defaults in any case, though.  There are
folks who use port-redirection (for SSH links to the server, etc.).
They'd want -p to be authoritative, rather than just explicit.  :)

Thanks!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org