Samba 2.2.7a and LDAP Rebind for Slave enviroment ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Jan 6 15:21:01 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

     Been away a little so, please forgive me if this has been discussed
... I did search the archives and googled the net and this is what I
came up with ...

     Standard Samba 2.2.7 does not rebind to do updates.  This is a
problem when using LDAP and a replicated directory.

	I did try this on the normal mail-list, but got no responce so I hoped
to try here.

     I found http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html,
which has a patch to add rebind. Which I am going to try, because I need
it and it looks right, not that I am a programmer or anything like that.

     I was wondering when, or if this would be added to 2.2.  I know
that we don't wish to add anything to 2.2, unless it is a bug fix or
sercurity problem, but this could be a problem before 3.0 gets released
as production.

Thanks.
Mailed
Lee