Time interval for log file renaming.

Colin Slade Colin.Slade at morse.com
Fri Jan 3 12:10:01 GMT 2003

Hi there

A quick question, as I've looked around but can't find it documented anywhere. From the man page of smb.conf re. max log size :

"Samba periodically checks the size and if it is exceeded it will rename the file, adding a ".old" extension."

Is there a way to set/change this time period ?

The reason I ask is that during large (3-400MB) downloads to a samba share I noticed that log files were growing up to 40 MB even although the max log size is set to 500k.

Thanks in advance.

Colin Slade