Samba and Kerberos

Kenneth Stephen y2kmvs at ebiz.austin.ibm.com
Thu Jan 2 21:39:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

	I am trying to understand the state of Samba using Kerberos
authentication. I see from a search on the web that ADS support is now
available in Samba, and presumably this uses an encrypted password
communicated over the network rather than the behaviour that was
previously available via the --with-krb5 flag. If so, would it not be a
matter of implementation (as opposed to it being technically infeasible)
to make sure that --with-krb5 now works with encrypted passwords? Can
someone clue me in as to this please?

Thanks,
Kenneth