Patch for unix extensions

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Wed Jan 1 12:02:00 GMT 2003

My idea was this:
let make it so taht if unix extensions are enabled, then we NEVER
resolve the links if we permit link creation.
If we do not want to have it so rigid, we may also add a proper option,
something like "wide unix symlinks" with all the proper warnings and
normally disabled. Then if you do a normal call, the link will be
honoured only if inside the exported file system.

This way the trick cannot work, and unix applications (or setups) that
rely on symlinks to work well are happy.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org
Italian Site  -  http://samba.xsec.it