Long file names in Samba tests

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Feb 26 12:54:16 GMT 2003

Sadly, the system on which I labor supports "only" a 32-byte limit for a
filename.  This seemed plenty when we designed the file system in 1980...

I've finally gotten the builds to get to the point where they can run the
test suite, and I have discovered that the (head/3.0) shell script tries to
create names of the form:

basicsmb.smb.conf.hostsdeny.template (36 bytes).
basicsmb.smb.conf.preexec_cl_fail.template (42 bytes).

Would anyone object if I submit some patches to shorten such test suite file
names to fit within 32 characters?

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant,
Stratus Technologies, Maynard, MA USA