Can't enumerate user list from WinXP -- samba-3.0alpha21

Vich vich at synology.com
Sat Feb 22 08:22:55 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Sorry to ask the question again. But I am really very
interesting about the topic. I am tracing CIFS packets
many days and doesn't have any idea. Could someone
give me a hint, then I can continue to trace the problem.

> I have installed Samba 3.0 alpha 21 on my FreeBSD
> for a long time. I enable ACL and it works fine when I
> connect from Win2k client. I can add and delete acl entry.
> Recently, I use WinXP to connect to my server. When I try
> to add new ACL entry, I get a popup message to ask
> username/password pair. After I type it, I get nothing.
> No server user and group list on text box, only those
> default entries.
>
> I use Ethereal to get some packets and find that WinXP
> doesn't send any samr request to my server. Why?

This is my configuration. Do I make any mistake?

[global]
workgroup=WORKGROUP
guest account=nobody
map to guest=Bad User