Problems with the lack of a real RO bit with Samba ...

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Wed Feb 19 22:59:36 GMT 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Ken Cross wrote:

> Richard:
>
> Please define "an appropriate ACL on the file".

That I am not sure of yet :-)

> Yes, it could have significant impact.  Is there are problem with the
> current way it's set (RO == owner "r" mode)?

In our file system, UNIX permission bits are synthesized from ACLs on the
file objects :-)

Can you give me an idea of the 'significant impact'?

I am trying to convince our file system guys that we need a separate RO
attribute to accompany the other attributes (like Hidden, System, etc).

Regards
-----