Annoying Minor Bug In Winbind 2.2.x

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Wed Feb 19 21:10:05 GMT 2003

On 19 Feb 2003, Andrew Esh wrote:

> It's probably a line count thing. The head of the patch contains a certain
> range of lines that the patch should apply to. If you truncated the patch
at
> the bottom, the header could be telling patch it needs to add, for
example,
> 30 lines, while the patch text only contains 28 ....... That line of stars
is
> part of the patch, and maybe a few blank lines below it.

Thanks - that was it - the two blank lines below the line of stars were part
of the patch (a fact I was able to confirm by comparing with the CVS web ref
Martin posted) but I'd missed them out.

Patch applied - now recompiling Samba ... done.  And now it works fine - I
can restart winbindd to my heart's content and "/tmp/.winbindd" gets created
with the right permissions and everybody's happy  :)

Thanks for bearing with me.

Nick Boyce
EDS Southwest Solution Centre, Bristol, UK