Samba and PPP

Steve Williams swilliams at rinax.com
Wed Feb 19 17:35:16 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have played with this before.  I did finally get it to work, but along
the way there are a few stumbling blocks.

I believe that Samba will only bind to interfaces that are "UP" at the
time of Samba starting.  Tyically with PPP, the interface (ppp0) will
not be available (up) until a PPP link is established.

Have you tried establishing your PPP link BEFORE starting Samba?  I know
that this is not good, but I seem to remember that I had this problem
(though it was under AIX).

Cheers,
Steve