SMB_QUERY_FILE_ALL_INFO not correct in SNIA spec?

Michael B. Allen miallen at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 19 07:58:57 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:30:44 -0800 (PST)
Richard Sharpe <rsharpe at richardsharpe.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Joey Collins wrote:
>
> > The SNIA definition of the data required for SMB_QUERY_FILE_ALL_INFO
> > does not appear to be correct. Furthermore, Ethereal's interpretation
> > does not seem right, either.
>
> That is quite possible. We often rely on the SNIA doc, and then change
> things if they don't look quite right. I recall messing with one of the
> QUERY_FILE info levels because the attributes displayed were clearly
> wrong.

When I tried this it caused delayed blue screen in NT 4 w/ Unicode. I
remember it well because I was running the client from Linux via exceed
on the NT machine I was killing and it took me a couple times to realize
what was happening. More evidence that if you see NT avoids an otherwise
useful command (e.g. SMB_COM_COPY) it probably doesn't work.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are