SMB_QUERY_FILE_ALL_INFO not correct in SNIA spec?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Feb 19 06:20:22 GMT 2003

:
> > My questions:
> >
> > 1) Can anyone else confirm my interpretation?
>
> If you can send us a capture, we can look at it to see if we agree with
> your interpretation, and perhaps modify Ethereal as well.

Before modifying Ethereal there will likely be more testing done...

> > 2) Are there server-dependent variations on the format?
>
> There should not be any server-dependent variations that cannot be
> determined by looking at WordCount or Protocol Dialect.

...but this is CIFS we're talking about.  There are bugs introduced by
different implementations.  Mike Allen was able to show that W2K's WINS
implementation returns invalid packets in several instances.  If you are
careful, you can interpret them correctly, but it really helps to know that
some servers have specific quirks.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org