Patches for winbindd over TCP and a "failover port" option

Nir Soffer nirs at exanet.com
Tue Feb 18 15:57:55 GMT 2003

Our product uses Samba as a component. In our product we were forced to modify certain parts of Samba, namely:

Winbindd running over TCP (to a remote host)
Smbd listening to an additional "failover" port.
Allow listening on non-broadcast interfaces.

All these changes are very minimal.
In order to comply with the GPL and provide the community with what little code we've modified, attached is the patch file between this version and Samba 3.0a20. I'm afraid we've never merged it with later versions, since they never seemed to work.

I sincerely hope this helps people,

Regards,
Nir.

--
Nir Soffer -=- Software Engineer, Exanet Inc. -=-
"The poor little kittens; They lost their mittens;