Winbindd limited by select

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Sat Feb 15 12:49:00 GMT 2003

Michael:

It's both.  I hadn't mentioned it, but I also had to add this to
winbindd:

  rlim.rlim_cur = 1500;              // Files
  rlim.rlim_max = rlim.rlim_cur;
  stat = setrlimit( RLIMIT_NOFILE, &rlim );
  if( stat != 0 ) DEBUG(0, ("Failed to set file limits: %s",
strerror(errno) ) );

The default file limit in NetBSD is 128, so that killed winbindd sooner
than the fd set.

However, in NetBSD, there's no real limit to the size of the fd set
passed in the select function.  If it's larger than the size defined in
the kernel (256), the kernel just malloc's more to accommodate it.  So
changing FD_SETSIZE in the calling program was sufficient to fix the
problem.

Ken

Ken Cross

Network Storage Solutions