Samba 3.0alpha21, Windows XP SP1 and Kerberos authentication

Antti Tikkanen antti.tikkanen at hut.fi
Fri Feb 14 12:32:07 GMT 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Luke Howard wrote:

> Check the sPNMappings attribute: looks like the Windows 2000 KDC maps a
> number of things to HOST:
>
> dn: cn=Directory Service,cn=Windows NT,cn=Services,cn=Configuration,dc=xad-0,d
>  c=padl,dc=com
> sPNMappings: host=alerter,appmgmt,cisvc,clipsrv,browser,dhcp,dnscache,replicat
>  or,eventlog,eventsystem,policyagent,oakley,dmserver,dns,mcsvc,fax,msiserver,i
>  as,messenger,netlogon,netman,netdde,netddedsm,nmagent,plugplay,protectedstora
>  ge,rasman,rpclocator,rpc,rpcss,remoteaccess,rsvp,samss,scardsvr,scesrv,seclog
>  on,scm,dcom,cifs,spooler,snmp,schedule,tapisrv,trksvr,trkwks,ups,time,wins,ww
>  w,http,w3svc,iisadmin

Hi,

Good note, this is probably the cause.

The only question is, if I do not add a CIFS/sambaserver.example.com SPN
explicitly for my Samba server computer account, why do things fail? That
is, why does this mapping not apply then? For normal Windows 2000 Servers
this seems to work.

Antti

Antti.Tikkanen at hut.fi
Helsinki University of Technology