Urgent! XP SP1 Profiles troubles

Сергей Жуков serg_zhukov2001 at mail.ru
Fri Feb 14 11:27:19 GMT 2003

Help, please!!!!

I have a several WinXP (w/o any SP, Russian) in Samba domain. Trouble: WinXP cann't load roaming profile.
Workaround: add current user to local group Administrators.
Working fine.

Yesterday several WinXP SP1 Eng was installed.
Trouble: WinXP cann't load roaming profile.
Message:
"Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder. Contact your network administrator."
After that:
"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off."

Unsuccessful loading profile due any operations with profile storage directory, managing permissions, adding user in local group, rejoining domain, full deleting profile, etc.
Are there known troubles with SP1 ?

I need change all XP Rus to Eng+SP1 due licensing change - several my machines are stalled until any workaround. Help!!!

Sergey Zhukov.
PS Sorry for my English.

---