LDAP machine accounts

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Fri Feb 14 06:24:08 GMT 2003

At 16:02 13.02.2003 -0500, Daniel T. Gynn wrote:
>Hi all.  I have been implementing a Windows Domain using Samba and LDAP
>and noticed that when validating a workstation, Samba would only check
>the /etc/passwd file and not LDAP.  I changed the pdb_ldap.c and
>srv_netlog_nt.c code so that if a workstation isn't in the /etc/passwd
>file, it will check LDAP.  I am attaching the two files.  Please respond
>to my email address with any comments, as I haven't subscribed to this
>mailing list.

witch samba version are you using?

if you use 3_0 or HEAD
passdb backend = ldapsam_nua, unixsam

should work for you

_nua means that we have a non unix account range
anf account in the range would not be check against the
local unix accounts via nss_*  (/etc/passwd or nss_ldap)

BTW: there are no files attached to your mail...

metze