Winbindd limited by select

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Thu Feb 13 15:03:17 GMT 2003

Ken Cross wrote:
> >  #define FD_SETSIZE 2048  /* Max # of winbindd connections */
> >
> > must occur before the first invocation of <sys/types>.
> >
> > This could be a build option, but it might be much simpler to hard-code
> > it in local.h, which is what I did to fix it.
> >
> > Can somebody check the implications of this on Solaris, HPUX, etc.?

	On Solaris, compiled as a 32-bit app, the limit
	applies.  Compiled as a 64-bit app, you can have
	as many FDs as you want.

	However, there is currently no good reason to build
	Samba as a 64-bit app: it doesn't need a bigger
	address space.

--dave
Sun Microsystems DCMO          | some people and astonish the rest.
Toronto, Ontario               |
(905) 415-2849 or x52849       | davecb at canada.sun.com