Samba 3.0: vfs_netatalk.c

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Mon Feb 10 21:04:14 GMT 2003

The IRIX manpage shows

SCANDIR(3C)

NAME
     scandir, scandir64, alphasort, alphasort64 - scan a directory

SYNOPSIS
   SysV:

     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <dirent.h>

     int scandir(const char *dirname, struct dirent **namelist[],
                 int (*select)(struct dirent *),
                 int (*compar)(struct dirent **, struct dirent **));

     int alphasort(struct dirent **d1, struct dirent **d2);

     int scandir64(const char *dirname, struct dirent64 **namelist[],
                 int (*select)(struct dirent64 *),
                 int (*compar)(struct dirent64 **, struct dirent64 **));

     int alphasort64(struct dirent64 **d1, struct dirent64 **d2);
   BSD:

     #include <sys/types.h>
     #include <sys/dir.h>

     int scandir(const char *dirname, struct direct **namelist[],
                 int (*select)(), int (*compar)());

     int alphasort(struct direct **d1, struct direct **d2);

Anthony Liguori wrote:

> scandir() (and it's [alpha|version]sort() brethren) is a BSD/Linux-ism and
> therefore isn't very portable.  Since this is in a VFS module (and
> therefore only optional) I guess this is ok.
>
> Anthony Liguori
> Linux/Active Directory Interoperability
> Linux Technology Center (LTC) - IBM Austin
> E-mail: aliguor at us.ibm.com
> Phone: (512) 838-1208
> Tie Line: 678-1208

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D