Ignoring printer errors

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Tue Feb 11 08:09:57 GMT 2003

This might be a bit off-topic (and for samba-general) but when thinking about
handling such error codes - what about providing an api to communicate
printer settings?
CUPS currently does not support the IPP_SET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES call, but if
implemented, SAMBA could e.g. pass options from the printer_info_2 struct to
the spooler.
In the first place I'm thinking of the printer attributes.
"Keep printed files" would be such a case.
I think such a "set printer command" could make some users happy.

bye,
Martin

On Monday 10 February 2003 13:35, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I'm wondering, why (in HEAD and 3.0)
> rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_enddocprinter_internal() doesn't
> handle any errors?
It should not be that hard to do a proper mapping from CUPS error codes
to the W_ERR or NT_STATUS equivalent.

Martin Zielinski       mz at seh.de