Dir with 900+ files look Empty - 2nd post

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Feb 7 01:29:14 GMT 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Greg Norris wrote:

I still had to reformat your mail. Please fix your mail client.

> I failed to mention that I have 10 directories of which 9 are ok.
> It's just the one directory playing up. As I mentioned, I discovered
> that a file called 'cmd' or with a leading period will cause erratic
> behaviour but that is not the case here.

OK, can you be a little more precise about the circumstances under which
the problems occur?

Does it occur once you have more than a certain number of dicectories, or
more than a certain number of files in each of them?

Also, what does your smb.conf file look like? Do you have things like hide
unreadable set?

Regards
-----