Dir with 900+ files look Empty - 2nd post

Greg Norris gnorris at garrisons.com.au
Thu Feb 6 21:56:47 GMT 2003

I am running Samba on Linux RedHat 7.3.

It is OK most of the time.

We use it for our ViewCvs viewer. Problem is when there are files called cmd (god knows who created that one) and others with dot prefix the directory does silly things. With the cmd file it displayed duplicate versions. First I though it was ViewCvs but then when I checked the directory in the samba link there they were..

Wella fter removing the cmd file all was well - until lately when now we get an empty directory - only trouble is that I know I have 922 files in it. is there a magic number that stops samba from displaying files?

Yes I am talking about cvs repository files. They are all there in win2K (thank god).

Any help greatly appreciated. cvs will appreciate it too as if I can't get this bug out the corp. will terminate the cvs trial.

Greg Norris
Development Database Administrator
Group Technology
Challenger International Limited

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended for the named recipient only. The information contained in this message may be confidential, legally privileged or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your computer.