Trusted domains' users and Samba

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Thu Feb 6 20:09:12 GMT 2003

On 6th.Feb.2003 Szilva wrote :

>> 2. What version of samba are you running?
> The version is "2.2.3a-6 for Debian" that was shipped with
> distribution (Woody).

On behalf of yourself, your users, and Net users everywhere in general :),
can I plead with you to install the later security-fixed version of
Samba-for-Debian ?

The current stable security-fixed Debian Samba is 2.2.3a-12.
See http://www.debian.org/security/2002/dsa-200 dated 22.Nov.2002,
concerning a potential remote root hole.

It won't make any difference to the "--sequence" option - it's still not
there - but things might work better for you.

PS: I'm just attempting to configure Debian Samba 2.2.3a-12 winbind to allow
login authentications against a real NT domain (with a trusted domain)
myself, so I'll let you know if it works for me.  I can certainly see the
domain my Samba server's domain trusts, in the output from "wbinfo -m".

Nick Boyce
EDS Southwest Solution Centre, Bristol, UK