Samba and spinlocks on Linux (was Re: REPOST: Meaning of "tdb_free: left read failed at ...?"

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe+samba at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Wed Feb 5 11:16:36 GMT 2003

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:50:50 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:

[...]
>you do not have a *very* good reason to enable them, could you please retry
>without spinlocks?

Ok, I'm just recompiling Samba without spinlock support.

Obviously I have to wait until this night so that the fileserver becomes less
loaded to replace Samba.

I will get back to you until I can report whether the (original) problem went
away.

Thanks,

Ralf

--