REPOST: Meaning of "tdb_free: left read failed at ...?"

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe+samba at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Wed Feb 5 09:23:47 GMT 2003

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:34:16 -0600 (CST), Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
>> What exactly does that mean? I compiled Samba with large file support.
>> Was this an error? I absolutely NEED large-file support. (To recap, this
>> is under Debian/GNU Linux/i386 3.0, running kernel 2.4.20.)
>
>tdb's can only be < 4Gb.  It's not a 64-bit database.
>This has nothing to do with Samba's support for transfering
>64-bit files.
>
>Why is the unexpected.tdb growing that fast?

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly.

The above file, unexpected.tdb, is NOT larger than 4G in size, it's just a few
K!

Could you elaborate, please?

Thanks.

--