Solaris fcntl CPU/Lock update

Jeff Mandel jeff.mandel at probes.com
Tue Feb 4 19:58:59 GMT 2003

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 07:38:31AM -0800, Jeff Mandel wrote:
>

>>>Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1...done.
>>>Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
>>>

>jra wrote:>
>

>>This is a much more interesting backtrace than the
>>other. Why is smbd linking in pthread libraries ?
>>smbd is *NOT* a threaded program.
>>

>	The library lsit on my Solaris 8 workstation is
>	much shorter:
>
>$ pvs smbd
>        libsocket.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
>        libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_0.7, SUNWprivate_1.1);
>        libdl.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
>        libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1);
>
>	No pthread at all!
>
>--dave

pvs shows short here too:
root at reiger# pvs /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd
        libsec.so.1 (SUNW_0.9);
        libsocket.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
        libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_0.7, SUNWprivate_1.1);
        libdl.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
        libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1);

libpthread showed up with gdb. Do you find that when you load gdb
against samba?

Since I did not compile this samba with ldap support, I'm guessing all
the ldap sdk stuff is showing up as a result of using nss_ldap. (padl's)
Could lipbthread be there because of nss_ldap as well?