Solaris fcntl CPU/Lock update

David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 4 19:14:53 GMT 2003

jra wrote:>
> This is a much more interesting backtrace than the
> other. Why is smbd linking in pthread libraries ?
> smbd is *NOT* a threaded program.

	The library lsit on my Solaris 8 workstation is
	much shorter:

$ pvs smbd
        libsocket.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
        libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_0.7, SUNWprivate_1.1);
        libdl.so.1 (SISCD_2.3);
        libc.so.1 (SUNW_1.1);

	No pthread at all!

--dave
Sun Microsystems DCMO          | some people and astonish the rest.
Toronto, Ontario               |
(905) 415-2849 or x52849       | davecb at canada.sun.com