REPOST: Meaning of "tdb_free: left read failed at ...?"

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe+samba at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue Feb 4 16:21:15 GMT 2003

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:37:17 -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

[...]
>> Why should Samba be the ONLY (apparent) application that doesn't feel hap=
>py with=20
>> XFS over EVMS?
>
>I'm running Samba on XFS+EVMS (on Debian ;) with no problems.  Even on
>buggy versions of XFS, I've never seen this error; I don't think the
>filesystem is the cause.  OTOH, I haven't used 2.4.20 yet for this
>environment.

As I wrote earlier I also can't believe it's a filesystem issue.

>When you say you compiled with large file support, does that mean you
>made changes to the build scripts?  Samba should already build with LFS
>support on Linux 2.4.

Yup, I had to change the build scripts. If I remember correctly the Debian
package comes with "shrink-wrapped" configure.cache files so that they would
always overwrite certain changes I made to the configure statement inside
debian/rules.

I think that there was a already a bug filed against the non-support of large
files. The poster of this bug report also mentioned that you had to recompile
it in order to get LFS.

OTOH everything I just wrote could be wrong. I'm currently working on a
multitude of "building areas" so I could confuse something with something
totally different. :-)

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\