2.0.7<->XP compability ?

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Tue Feb 4 12:31:44 GMT 2003

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Ulf Bertilsson wrote:
>
> > I wonder what this means ?:
> >
> > "error packet at line 878 cmd=162 (SMBntcreateX) eclass=1 ecode=32"
>
> You could grab the #defines from incluee/doserr.h
>
> /* Error classes */
>
> #define ERRDOS 0x01  /* Error is from the core DOS
>                         operating system set. */
>
> /* SMB X/Open error codes for the ERRDOS error class */
>
> #define ERRbadshare 32 /* Share mode on file conflict with
> open mode */

Jerry,

How can I best identify if this is in my os
custiom posix wrapper, or an issue in the samba 2.0.7 core code ?

What is I disable file locking all together ?

My issue is basicly that any file I modify get "locked".

Deleting /samba/var/locks/* and restart smbd seems to solve it.

My point is, that altho samba reports or think the file is "locked",
it _not_ looked at local level.

Any input if this is a good way to trace this issue ?

Network traces, debug files etc will be available as soon
as I get more time on my hands.

Also let me know if anybody would work on this offlist
if they feel this is off topic.

--
Ulf