REPOST: Meaning of "tdb_free: left read failed at ...?"

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe+samba at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue Feb 4 09:17:34 GMT 2003

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 15:44:18 +0100, Simo Sorce wrote:

>> The system in question is a Debian i386 "stable" (3.0) system, kernel is
>> 2.4.20 release (with some patches such as EVMS and XFS, but EVMS is NOT in
use
>> for shares exported via Samba!!), Samba is 2.2.7a (a Debian package that I
>> created myself.)
>
>I would try again with a standard ext2/3 file system.

Ok, now /var/run/samba is an ext3 filesystem -- and the problem is back again.
:-(

So you could argue, "Ok, it's EVMS then which is the culprit," because
filesystem is on an EVMS logical volume.

But I simply cannot believe this.

Why should Samba be the ONLY (apparent) application that doesn't feel happy with
XFS over EVMS?

Any thoughts?

--
   L I N U X       .~.