REPOST: Meaning of "tdb_free: left read failed at ...?"

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe+samba at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue Feb 4 09:14:35 GMT 2003

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:20:26 -0600 (CST), Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

[...]
>Looks like the tdb went over the 4Gb line.  As a quick work around,
>Stop nmbd; rm /var/run/samba/unexpected.tdb; and start nmbd back up.

No, this has never been a work-around. The problem comes up again VERY quickly.

>It looks like an overflow in the tdb read offset.  I don't think tdb's
>support 64-bit file size (of the actual tdb itself) IIRC.  This is by
>design I believe.

What exactly does that mean? I compiled Samba with large file support. Was this
an error? I absolutely NEED large-file support. (To recap, this is under
Debian/GNU Linux/i386 3.0, running kernel 2.4.20.)

Thanks,

Ralf

--
   L I N U X       .~.