A Union of two directories

Esh, Andrew Andrew_Esh at adaptec.com
Mon Feb 3 15:21:37 GMT 2003

For Arthur Barrett's purpose, it seems preferring the Read-Write
user-specific directory over the common one would be best. If the user
checks out a file and want to edit it, they should be able to. Until they
check it back in, they should see the file which has their changes in their
share. This is exactly what the mountable file system which is part of
Rational Clearcase does.