HEAD and 3.0 configure broken

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Sun Feb 2 20:43:53 GMT 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:25:35PM -0500, Brian Poole wrote about 'Re: HEAD and 3.0 configure broken':
> Quoting Simo Sorce (simo.sorce at xsec.it) from  2 February 2003:
> > checking whether to build winbind... yes
> > checking whether struct passwd has pw_comment... no
> > checking whether struct passwd has pw_age... no
> > checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
> > checking whether to use included popt... yes
> > checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure.
> > Aborting config

> > seem the HEAD and 3.0 are not able to finish ./configure
> > can somone check what happened?

> If you actually look in the logs, its quite apparent whats wrong. The
> configure attempts to link the summary test with libraries that do not
> exist on the hosts. I imagine this would be easy enough to fix with a
> couple tweaks to the configure to make less assumptions.

> According to the build farm it is broken on OpenBSD & older FreeBSDs
> due to -lroken not being found and on one RH 7.2 machine with -lkrb5.
> You can probably hand tweak it for your build until it gets fixed in
> tree (I would assume someone will fix it before too long as its
> pretty obviously broken.) I did this a while back when I was trying
> to build samba-cvs on my OpenBSD machine for some testing.. very
> easy to fix but it was still busted in compilation stages with other
> problems so I dropped it. I believe I reported the configure bustage
> back then as well and it was fixed for a bit.
It's got to do with the mit/heimdal differences. They need certain
libs on certain platforms and iirc we assume that if we find one of
them, the other ones are there too.. I'll look at it if I can find
time...

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/
 21:42:52 up 2 days, 15:42,  6 users,  load average: 2.52, 2.35, 2.36