Porting Samba 3.0.1-2 to Xscale platform

Rajan Aggarwal rajan at teneoris.com
Mon Dec 29 08:42:09 GMT 2003

Serena:
Try to find an alternative way of setting the effective user id, not
using the "seteuid" method. There might be some piece of code making use
of this call. It is possible that some of the normal methods made
available for x86 systems might not work for xscale.

I am sure xscale will have some alternate way for the same. As an
example, sometimes the "reboot" method doesn't perform the intended
task, in that case...it is advisable to make use of different options of
"shutdown", which take care of rebooting too...

Regards,
Rajan Aggarwal.