SMB.CONF reload stops SMB Client-Server I/O activities(File Copying) in Linux

nandkumar l mane nandu_mane at rediffmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:57:56 GMT 2003

Hi,

I was trying to create a CIFS share in Linux because of which I ended up modifying the SMB.CONF file.I noticed that while reloading SMB.CONF file the I/O activities of SMB Server get stopped(File copying in this case) for other clients.Currently I am using samba-3.0.1 on my Linux-2.4.20-8.
Here's the command which I'm trying to reload SMB.CONF:
smbcontrol smbd reload-config
My smb.conf file is in two directories   /etc/samba   &  /usr/lib
Please let me know if you have any suggesstions related to this issue.

Regards
Nandkumar.