Two pdcs on one network

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Dec 19 18:12:45 GMT 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:51:20PM +0300, MWONGE RICHARD wrote:
> I want to set up my network with windows 2000 server as a pdc for my
> finance department only and samba as a pdc for the entire company that
> finance department inclusive on the same subnet. Please guys how can i go
> about it.
>  I intend to use samba 2.2.7a

First off, 3.0 will provide better NT Domain support than 2.2.x.  Second,
if you want to use 2.2.x please do use the latest revision, which is
2.2.8a.

That said...  Microsoft's NT Domain architecture is not hierarchical, so
you will have to create two separate NT Domains.  They can easily exist on
the same subnet(s).  Once you've done that, you will want to create a
trust relationship between the two NT Domains.  Samba 3.0 can do all of
that.

Most of this will be better explained by reading the Samba HowTo and
asking people on the samba at samba.org list.  This list (the samba-technical
list) is primarily for developer discussions (protocol internals, bug-fix
specifics, etc.).  Deployment and configuration questions belong on the
samba at samba.org list.

Good luck, and have fun!

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org