"valid users = %S" not working ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Dec 11 13:58:24 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

>> I hate to report problems, espically ones that I am sure have been fixed
>> ... I download samba-3.0.1rc1-1 src rpm and rebuild on Fedora Core 1,
>> installed the rpm.  IF I have "valid users = %S" in my [homes] share, my
>> users can't login into their home shares.  Samba is setup up as a "Server
>> role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER" to a Win2K3 ADS server, if that makes a
>> differance. If I comment it out, users are able to login in fine to there
>> home shares.

>Are you running winbindd ?  If you are the username is actually
>DOMAIN\user which won't match.   You would need to do something
>like 'valid users = %D+%S'.
	Well spotted, but if the share is been created with just what us humans she as the username, why can't we have the "valid users" options expect the same thing ... other wise if I was running multiple auths, then I would have a problem with usernames without a domain.

	This is get me by for now, but I think this might cause problems later on.

Thanks again
Mailed
Lee