Windows XP tunning

Eduardo Belotto ebg at tsi-automacao.com.br
Wed Dec 10 18:28:18 GMT 2003

Hi guys, I´m receiving 20 Dell GX60 Windows XP Pro. Every time that a put
the windows XP on my domain it´s become really slow. I already tried to use
only local profile, but that slow still the same. Can I make something to
change? Is it necessary change my server to become faster? My server´s IBM
x220 PIII 900 128 MB for 40 people. By box´s Conectiva 7.0 winth samba
2.2.7a. Here´s my smb.conf
[global]
	workgroup = tsi
	netbios name = HS-1
	netbios aliases = HS-1
	server string = Servidor de dados - Samba Server %v
	interfaces = 10.0.0.2/24
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	unix password sync = Yes
	smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
	passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
	max log size = 100
	time server = Yes
	printcap name = lpstat
	add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null
-s /bin/false %m$
	logon script = logon.bat
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 65
	security = user
	preferred master = yes
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	dns proxy = No
	logon path = \\hs-1\profiles\%u
	logon home = \\hs-1\%u
	logon drive = m:
	message command = csh -c 'xedit %s;rm %s' &
	create mask = 02770
	directory mask = 02764
	hosts allow = 10.0.0.
#	printing = cups
#	print command = lpr -p %p -o raw %s -r
#	lpq command = lpstat -o %p
#	lprm command = cancel %p-%j
	map system = Yes
	map hidden = Yes