3.0.1rc1-1 pam.d problem
Leandro Ariel Gomez Chavarria
lgomez at cencosud.com.ar
Tue Dec 9 23:11:28 GMT 2003
Hi, I upgraded to 3.0.1rc1-1 in a test enviroment (from 3.0.0-1 in
RH9.0) and after that I wasn't able to autenticate users anymore.
I'm using security=domain and idmap backend = ldap
I found that the 3.0.1rc1 use the file /etc/pam.d/samba with these
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so nullok
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so # shadow md5
and the 3.0.0 use these:
auth required pam_nologin.so
auth required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required pam_stack.so service=system-auth
I'm not an expert concerning pam.d but I just swap the files (using the
old one) and starts to work fine.
The funny thing was that getent passwd works fine, but when I tried to
access a resource from my Windows machine samba asked me for User and
passwd, so It took me a while find the problem.
More information about the samba-technical