Rc1 won't build --with-quotas on Suse SLES8 SP3 s/390

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Tue Dec 9 15:06:09 GMT 2003

I tried on the samba-list with no luck, maybe samba-technical?

SuSE SLES 8 SP3 on s/390... gcc-3.2.2-23, glibc-2.2.5-115, Kernel:
2.4.21-83-default

Any ./configure that I've tried with --with-quotas fails

With the rc1 code, make ends with:
Compiling smbd/quotas.c
smbd/quotas.c: In function `get_smb_linux_vfs_quota':
smbd/quotas.c:135: storage size of `D' isn't known
make: *** [smbd/quotas.o] Error 1

Pre3 does not stop or complain:

Compiling smbd/fake_file.c
Compiling smbd/quotas.c
Compiling smbd/ntquotas.c

The file hasn't changed much, I don't see why it would break here.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

With both pre3 and rc1 the ./configure yields:

checking whether to try disk-quotas support... yes
checking whether to try the new lib/sysquotas.c interface... auto
checking whether to try the lib/sysquotas.c interface on linux-gnu...
yes
checking sys/fs/vx_quota.h usability... no
checking sys/fs/vx_quota.h presence... no
checking for sys/fs/vx_quota.h... no
checking sys/quota.h usability... yes
checking sys/quota.h presence... yes
checking for sys/quota.h... yes
checking asm/types.h usability... yes
checking asm/types.h presence... yes
checking for asm/types.h... yes
checking linux/quota.h usability... no
checking linux/quota.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/quota.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/quota.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/quota.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
checking for linux/quota.h... Yes

Pre3 builds fine.

Any ideas?
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.