Help

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Dec 9 05:21:36 GMT 2003

Okay, two things.

First (and I understand you may not realize this), it is really, really
tacky to send a .DOC file via e'mail.  These files are typically created
using proprietary software and stored in a proprietary format which the
software vendor (Microsoft) would really rather keep to themselves.  Most of
us here are running non-Microsoft OSes, and it is (at best) a pain to try
and read these things.  Plain text is your best option for almost all
E'mail.

Second, your question is a general user question.  Such questions are
perfectly reasonable, but they belong on the Samba at Samba.org mailing list.
That list was set up to handle exactly this kind of question.

The Samba-Technical list is intended for developer discussions.  Things like
figuring out the meanings of various flag bits in an obscure RPC function
call carried over an SMB Trans2 call, or suchlike.

I understand you're new to this.  Please don't take my explanation as a
put-down.  It's not.  We just have to keep the traffic on the right lists.

Thank you for using Samba!

Good luck with your debugging.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org