No subject

Tue Dec 2 04:10:01 GMT 2003

  <pre>On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Jeff Ames wrote:

&gt;<i> This sounds like the same problem as the bug reports 21471, 21407, 21561,
</i>&gt;<i> and 21694 discuss, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere.  I'm just
</i>
I guess I should update those...

&gt;<i> writing to add a data point, and also to ask whether there is any known
</i>&gt;<i> fix or workaround for this at the time.  If this would be better submitted
</i>&gt;<i> as a bug report instead of this list, please let me know.
</i>
There is a known problem with win2k listings. It doesn't like us using the
continue bit at all. You should be able to trigger this with smbclient
too.

Try this patch for 2.4.19
<a
 href="http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.4.19-rc1-ALL.patch.gz">http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbfs-2.4.19-rc1-ALL.patch.gz</a>

It changes smbfs to use the same method as win2k does when listing files
on another win2k machine (there is a lot of other stuff in there too,
including &gt;2G files and unicode).

Note that there is a known report of this breaking listings vs NT4, which
is why the change hasn't been made in the official kernel yet.

I have been meaning to compare what win2k sends to and NT4 when listing
and see if it does anything differently from win2k&lt;-&gt;win2k. I guess it
could be a NT4/non-unicode-client issue.

/Urban

  </pre>
<!--endarticle-->
  <hr></blockquote>