No subject

Tue Dec 2 04:10:01 GMT 2003

connections" parameter, although we never needed it.  I understand that
this has evolved over time, including (am I right?) a period where it
didn't work.

Now 99% (or more) of our Samba use is to map the UNIX home directory of
our users (15,000+) via a simple "[homes]" share.  Any given user should
only have a single concurrent connection.  So "max connections = 1"  would
be realistic for us, so long as:

1. the above analysis is reasonably accurate;

2. this parameter would address this at an early enough stage of
   the start of these spurious, duplicate smbds.

Sound plausible?